-- EDIT --
Thank you so much for the DD! It was such a surprise and now I'm on cloud nine today.
A very special thank you to gummyrabbit
for the lovely suggestion and Agaave
for the feature.
All these comments are so uplifting. Thank you to everyone who has looked at my work today!
convinced me to write some New Years Resolutions because I've never done it before and her yearly list is pretty inspiring. I'm going to come up with as many as I can so here it goes...
1. I will not get any late fees paying back student loans. I've been cutting the deadline short lately!
2. I will post 5 new art pieces here on DA.
3. I will start seriously saving money to move out.
4. I will spend more time with extended family whom I've neglected.
5. I will finish
three of my ongoing children's books this year. I'm very serious about this one.
6. I will start doing yoga again.
7. I will clean out my closet because it's horrific and I'm pretty sure I still have Halloween costumes in there from when I was like 10.
8. I will actually develop a schedule for brushing my cats. Long hair is no joke ya'll.
9. I will apply and participate in a minimum of two art shows.
10. I will work to reduce my sodium intake. Salt is such an Achilles heel, ugh.
11. I will dedicate time to practice working more often in Photoshop and Illustrator. It's about damn time.
12. I wil visit my aunt and uncle in Chicago and see their new condo.
13. I will beat Kingdom Hearts 2.5 and BBS.
14. I will train myself wake up early. This one is so important.
15. I will keep in closer contact with my friends and make an effort to meet each one at least twice a month despite how busy we all are.
16. When the weather gets above dangerous temperatures I will start walking again (probably in the spring most likely let's be real)
17. I will visit the elementary school classrooms that teachers have asked me to talk to about art and making it a career.
18. I will learn to draw people and characters better.
19. I will NOT buy anymore tea until I finish what I already have. I'm like an addict/hoarder.
20. I will purchase all the necessary equipment for actually doing an art show. Tents are so expensive.
21. I will make a real
effort to just start working on art things and practicing rather than doubting myself and never starting. I need to break the cycle!
22. I will make new contacts this year that will help my career.
23. I will go to the doctor for a checkup that I've been meaning to do and stop coming up with excuses.
24. I will become a more confident driver. It's getting embarrassing.
25. I will send more messages to people I admire just to let them know how much I appreciate them.
That's all I could come up with for now! I'm sure this will be an ongoing list anyway. It would actually be amazing if I actually kept all of these.
Last thing; My first children's book that I illustrated was published last month so please check it out if you're interested! I'm very excited and it's so
rewarding to see a final product. If you're looking for any gifts for a child ages 2-7, look no further. Perfect for beginner readers!
You can buy it on Amazon
or Barnes & Noble